|My Chicken Caesar Salad - and it tasted great, if I do say so myself!|
After consulting some blogs (chiefly Savoury Sweet Life) I decided to add homemade croutons into the mix too. And what a lovely outcome! I'll definitely be adding the recipe to my mental cookbook - relatively cheap, healthy, and tasty, it fits right into my student lifestyle. I did, however, use Caesar Dressing, which may be a slight cheat, but I digress; the meal still does require some culinary skill! See the full recipe after the jump...
Here's the recipe I worked to (adapted from a number of places), and it serves one - so feel free to double/triple/quadruple the measurements!:
Chicken Strips - 3 Slices of White Bread - 1/4 Iceberg Lettuce - Caesar Dressing - Olive Oil - Seasoning
1. Heat the oven to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. While it heats, chop the bread into cubes - don't bother chopping off the crusts, it adds to the crunch and rustic feel!
2. Pop in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, seasoning, and any fancy-looking herbs (I used basil). Toss and repeat a couple of times.
3. Lay out on a baking tray and put in the oven. I left this in the whole time I cooked everything else, but I did flip them a few times.
4. Add a drop of olive oil in a pan, and lay in the chicken strips when it gets to a sizzling temperature.
5. Cover in olive oil too, and then add more seasoning - I added salt and pepper. Roll these around every now and again.
6. Tear the lettuce, wash, and place in a bowl.
7. When the chicken and croutons have finished cooking (the chicken is white the whole way through, no signs of pink, and the croutons are crunchy), pop into the bowl too.
8. Drizzle in caesar dressing - the amount to your taste - and enjoy!