Tuesday 21 June 2011

hitten a brick wall


A poor play on words, please forgive me. Perhaps it is down to the up-coming demise of my short-lived English education, but I've only just realised how much I'm going to miss those lessons. Mainly the creative writing and the editorials, but nonetheless, a sad sad day awaits on Friday.

The First Day of Summer hasn't exactly been what I expected it to be - driving about (with my driving instructor - we're best buds, so I take him for a drive every now and then... ah, who am I kidding? I just haven't passed yet) in infrequent little spitting showers and bursts of sunlight. Then hayfever-y snivels all day and a quick trip into what I like to think is my true childhood home (as a village girl at heart, and as the backdrop for most of my dreams, bizarrely enough. The actual place where I live barely features compared).

I just feel a little mixed up with everything, and if I really am going to link in why I've placed Those Dancing Day's Hitten as the video above this blog, it's the sentiment of the poppy lyrics. "I wanna know what I'm thinking, what I'm feeling, what I want my life to be," is kinda the way I'm feeling right now. Exams have consumed my life! And this Friday, being spat back out into a life where I can leave the house (gasp!), with no true indication of where I will be living in four month's time, who I'll be with, and how I'll actually be surviving, the demise of not only English but my education, school, the place where I've spent almost half my life... it's a startling idea. I'll have my job, yes, and a few holidays, true, but the rest of the summer?

We'll have to wait and see.
World, I'd like you to meet my impulsive, carefree side.

No comments:

Post a Comment