Friday 28 December 2012

Charlotte Carpenter: Love Songs


As time has gone on, I have found myself growing a little more sceptical towards girl-and-guitar acts, because, let's face it, there are many girls who own guitars (ahem, me!), but have no idea how to write songs or play the guitar in the first place. 

However, Charlotte Carpenter is a mean guitarist and cute-as-a-button songstress that I was fortunate enough to stumble across supporting Boat to Row a month or so ago. With Charlotte, I was hooked from the first chorus of her first song. She's bold on stage, and with the added kick of a drum pedal (or something like that, I couldn't quite see from where I stood!) her songs really hammer home while her guitar prowess and sweet voice create a mixture not quite seen or heard even from the likes of Alessi's Ark (probably the closest comparable artist).

And for a few coins jingling at the bottom of your purses/wallets, you can own her latest EP entitled Let It Go, featuring the above track and a few other sterling songs. Go to charlottecarpenter.bandcamp.com to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment