Monday 26 November 2012

Annie Dressner: Strangers Who Knew Each Other's Names

Annie Dressner recently got in touch with me to see if I could have a listen to her new album, Strangers Who Knew Each Other's Names. With its ditsy-pop feel and her sugary-sweet voice, much like Zooey Deschanel's in She & Him, I felt more than happy to oblige.

Throughout the record, the happy guitar strums and melodies conjure up imagery of cycling in the springtime or picnics in the park, despite the lyrics often dipping into a pool of sadness, such as "I smoked a cigarette so I could taste you on my breath" and "I'll look for you in me". For me, this is really what makes the album listenable and loveable however - there's a journey to be had when listening through the album.

So, if you like Alessi's Ark or Jenny Lewis, you'll probably like Annie Dressner too. And if you're missing the sun's yellow rays coming in your windows, at least you can pop this record on and have it flow out of your headphones instead!

2 comments:

  1. Hi gorgeous!! i did not know about ur blog and is so cute!! would u like to follow eachother? i'm following you....

    www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your blog is so cute! :D
    Great post!

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete